Railway construction / Railway Bridges in Adler - "Alpika-Service" Mountain Resort” Route
Railway Bridges in Adler - "Alpika-Service" Mountain Resort” Route
Affiliates of the SK MOST Groups of Companies conducted operations between Pickets 141 and 462 or between the 14t and 46th kilometer milestones of combined Adler - "Alpika Service route (railway/motorway) (ending at the town of Krasnaya Polyana) The builders' work project area included 22 railway bridges of the total length of 11.4 km.
The construction began in the 1st quarter of 2009 and completed in 2013.
Nine out of the 22 railway bridges that constructed on Adler - Krasnaya Polyana route are special class installations (they are over 500-meters long).
1. Picket140+29: Single-track Railway bridge, 599.2-m long;
2. Picket175+38: Single-track Railway bridge, 68.5-m long;
3. Picket189+48: Single-track Railway bridge, 68.5-m long;
4. Picket193+08: Double-track Railway bridge, 68.5-m long;
5. Picke204+93: Double-track Railway bridge, 68.5-m long;
6. Picket210+64: Single-track Railway bridge, 68.5-m long;
7. Picket219+00: Single-track Railway bridge, 1065.5-m long;
8. Picket226+45: Single-track Railway bridge, 73.4-m long;
9. Picket230+13.15: Single-track Railway bridge, 174.2-m long;
10. Picket293+78: Single-track Railway bridge, 2517.6-m long;
11. Picket312+21: Single-track Railway bridge, 30.5-m long;
12. Picket317+15: Single-track Railway bridge, 30.5-m long;
13. Picke325+11: Double-track Railway bridge, 1067.3-m long;
14. Picke335+27: Double-track Railway bridge, 562.2-m long;
15. Picke342+60: Double-track Railway bridge, 557.7-m long;
16. Picket351+43: Single-track Railway bridge, 837.9-m long;
17. Picket360+55: Single-track Railway bridge, 410.7-m long;;
18. Picket365+78: Single-track Railway bridge, 262.6-m long;
19. Picket374+05: Single-track Railway bridge, 172.9-m long;
20. Picket388+02: Single-track Railway bridge, 1792.2-m long;
21. Picket432+25: Single-track Railway bridge, 253.2-m long;
22. Picket447+22: Double track Railway bridge, 704-m long;
The railway line construction was carried out under challenging geotechnical conditions in the mountainous
area. The grades here are as high as up to 40/1000, which is why the majority of railway viaducts of Adler -
Krasnaya Polyana route are curvilinear in top view (with a radius of curvature ranging from 600 meters to 1.2
kilometers). In view of these circumstances, the design was based on bridge installations of two types:
- with beam span structures;
- with trussed girder spans and with the ballasted track.
The beam length ranges from 18 to 34 meters and the trussed girders are 55 to 110-m long.
The trussed girder span structures have a stiff bottom flange, which allows the structure to be assembled by launching without intermediate supports; erection welding can be used, and sealed movement joints can be provided between the adjacent spans. For the first time in Russia, the builders working on Adler - Krasnaya Polyana route were using a combination bolting and welding assembly method that had been developed by specialists with the Giprostroymost, a Moscow-based design institute (railway steel bridge structures have been assembled using bolted joints only without welding until recently). The new assembly method provides a better protection of the span decks against corrosion, which is especially important in humid subtropical environments. High- tensile bolted joints were replaced with welding joints mainly in the structural members of the bridge floor area that are located under the stone bedding, in other words, in the zones that are most vulnerable because of corrosion. The weld quality was examined by the ultrasonic flaw detection, which is conducted as 100% testing instead of random testing.
Bearings manufactured by Maurer were used for steel bridge spans (this technology has not been used in railway construction so far).
Updated information on construction of the combined motor and rail road Adler - Alpika-
Service Mountain Resort station is posted on the website http://www.skmost2014.com/
Bridge across the Zeya River Bridge across the Buzan River Bridge across the Volga River (Ulyanovsk) Bridge across the Kama River Bridge across the Moscow River Bridge across the Vyatka River Bridge across the Unzha River Bridge across the Volga River (Zelenodolsk) Bridge across the Don River Bridge across the Ob RiverBridge across the Prokhladnaya RiverViaduct over Ryabinovy Log CanyonRailway Bridge over the Shaldura RiverConstruction of the second trackSmall artificial structuresBridge over the Oka River (city of Murom)Bridge over the Sheksna RiverBridge over the Volga River (city of Astrakhan)Bridge over the Samara RiverBridge over the Syzranka RiverBridge over the Volga River (city of Syzran)Bridge over the Chuna RiverRailway Bridge over the Tysia RiverBridge over the Ufa RiverBridge over the Tura RiverBridge over the Rodnikovaya RiverBridge over the Ulagir RiverBridge over the Onon RiverBridge over the Oka River (City of Kashira)Railway Bridge across the River ChornayaBridge over the Yauza RiverRailway Bridges in Adler - "Alpika-Service" Mountain Resort” RoutePedestrian Bridge at Chishmy Station, Kuybyshev Railway LinePedestrian Bridge at Vologda StationBridge over the Upa RiverBridge over the Optukha RiverBridge over the Don RiverBridge over the Vetluga River Bridge over the Nerl RiverViaduct over the Shiroky Log CanyonConstruction of a bridge over the Moscow River and Shmitovsky Way OverpassDorogomilovsky Bridge over the Moskva RiverOverpasses at Khoroshevskoe Shosse in MoscowShcherbakovskaya Street OverpassesTkatskaya Street Overpasses in Moscow